- A legal member of West Australian Mental Health Review Board reviewing the status of involuntary patients either in hospital or who are on Community Treatment Orders
- Member of the Australian & New Zealand Association of Psychology, Psychiatry and Law and founding member of the Western Australian Branch
- Carer Board member of the Mental Health Council of Australia in which role he is a member of the Audit and Compliance Committee and the Governance Committee
- President for Mental Health Carers Arafmi Western Australia and President of the National body
- Immediate Past-President for the World Federation for Mental Health having previously served as President for two years, Hon Sec for two years, Board member for four years and prior to that as Regional Vice President for the Oceania Region for four years.
- Carer member of the Access to Allied Psychological Services [ATAPS] Expert Advisory Committee
- Advisor to Mentalympians.
Tony was born in the United Kingdom and immigrated with his family to Australia in 1970 where he qualified as a solicitor in 1982. He has been a mental health carer advocate/representative for some thirty years having experienced mental illness within his family. In 2003 Tony was appointed as a member in the General Division of the Order of Australia for service as an advocate for the advancement of mental health services in Australia and is:
How to keep updated...
1. Click here and subscribe to our electronic newsletter on our home page.
2. OR subscribe to the RSS Feed by clicking this link:
3. OR enter your email address below and you will receive blog updates into your email account.