In Australia, one in four 16 to 24 year olds live with depression and one in ten 18 to 25 year olds experience anxiety. This new resource includes professional advice on supporting young people through difficult times, getting support and looking after yourself.
Also included in this resource are real-life stories and quotes from young people and the adults who care for them about what they have learnt through their experiences dealing with anxiety and depression in their family.
The guide might help answer some of the following questions:
- What is anxiety and depression?
- When should I be worried?
- Why do some young people develop anxiety and depression?
- How can I support a young person through challenges?
- Where can I find the right help?