The Background paper (download below) , sets out the proposal for increased coordinated care for people living in the community with complex care needs.
In brief the paper and proposal sets out –
- $549 million will be spent over 5 years
- This will target the top 24,000 people experiencing severe mental illness
- An open tender process will be established per region (in the first part of 2012)
- This will be achieved by the establishment of Care Facilitators
- Already funded federal programs such as PHAMS will be well placed for this funding
- Effective partnerships across a range of service providers will be essential.
Background Paper Coordinated Care Measure - MHCA forum.doc
Discussion Paper Flexible Care Packages .pdf