Keeping Families and Children in mind (KFC):
This assists clinicians to develop a family sensitive approach when working with families where a parent has a mental illness.
This course is designed for; mental health professionals, medical, nursing and allied health professionals, social services workers, non-government organisations, with members of the general public also welcome.
Family Focus training:
This training equips clinicians to deliver the Family focus intervention which is an evidence-based program designed for mental health professionals treating parents with depression and/or anxiety to foster resilience in their children and the family unit.
This course is designed for; experienced clinical mental health professionals and appropriately trained psychologists, social workers, mental health nurses, occupational therapists and general practitioners.
These courses have professional accreditation endorsement with the following registered bodies;
- RACGP: The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- ACRRM: Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
- APS: Australian Psychological Society
- OT Australia: Occupational Therapy Australia Ltd.
- AASW: Australian Association of Social Workers
- ACMHN: Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
- RANZCAP: Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- GPMHSC: General Practice Mental Health Standards Collaboration
Each course runs for one day with training being provided in Broom on the following days;
· Keeping Families and Children in Mind (KFC) Thursday July 29th (subject to interest)
· Family Focus: Friday 30th of July (subject to interest)
For more information please contact Melissa Webb, COPMI Resource/Education Officer with Arafmi (Melissa.email@example.com) or by calling: (08) 9427 7100. Please also distribute this opportunity through your networks